Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 8: Barcelona

Ugh sleeping on trains in seats is really not easy.  With little sleep we arrived in Madrid again only to transfer to the other train station to continue on to Barcelona.  This has been the part of the trip that I have most looked forward to.  The first time I visited Barcelona a year ago I fell in love with the city and knew that I would return again.  It was only about a 3 hour train ride where we once again tried to catch some zzzz's.  It's good to be back because I know where a lot of things are and how to get to them.  Also they have s real apple store here so I could get my phone fixed and that was the first thing on the agenda after taking showers. The good people of the apple store, a kind young guy with decent English, were able to help me with my phone just by giving me a new one.  Once again connected to the world via phone we headed back to the center to find something to eat.  I had thought that the harbor places we had eaten at a year ago were closer but apparently not and we ended up spending a little more than we had hoped to spend on food.  But it was good and the sangria was very delicious.  Tired from the long trip we headed back to our hostel and prepared for tomorrow's adventures . . . Sagrada Familia.

No comments:

Post a Comment