Saturday, September 17, 2011

Camel Market

It is actually exactly what it sounds like.

Today my fellow 4th grade teacher along with another teacher and I headed out to visit the camel market.  Its out there in the middle of practically no where.  This is where you would go to buy a camel.  We were talking to one of them men there and I think he said that we could buy one for roughly 500 KD (about 1800 USD).  Words can't explain it so here are some pictures:









These last two pictures are of a camel that has been bought and is now getting ready to be transported.  They bind up their legs so that he/she isn't really able to get anywhere and has to stay lying down and then off he/she goes to his/her new owner.

A really interesting place to wander around for a bit.  Will have to keep saving my KD to get that camel.

1 comment:

  1. FOR DA MONEEEEEY! I wonder how much more economical it would be to own a camel instead of a bike.

    ReplyDelete