Thursday, July 7, 2011

A weekend with the family



Meeting up with family is always exciting.  For 4th of July weekend we all got in the car and drove 10 hours to Michigan.  My father grew up in Michigan and his entire side of the family still lives there.  I had not seen them for possibly 4 years, other than my grandmother who i quickly met up with when I was home for a wedding in September.

They are a bucket of laughs.  We sat around each evening drinking and talking and each evening someone thought of a new question to ask about my future plans in Kuwait.  I put all their nerves to rest by telling them that Kuwait is one of the quieter/safer places to be in that region.  My uncle questioned my desire to leave America:  the land of opportunity and great things! Who would want to leave?  I think my Kuwait placement will really tell me if I want to continue moving around or if finding a place to stay is what is next for me.  I have my reasoning for moving away from America but I will leave that for another post.

My family are the people that are the nearest and dearest to my heart.  No matter what they say or do.  You can choose your friends but the devil will give you your family.  I think the devil did a pretty good job with this group.