Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back to the Old Country

Four weeks really do fly by.  I have been up north to visit family and friends.  I am been at home to clean and purge my room of things I no longer need.  I have been up to camp to check out the new buildings and to meet with friends.  I have been south to DC to finish up my paper work.  I am grateful that this trip didn't end up being as expensive as I was expecting.  People without medical insurance are given breaks and are helped out and the embassy people really can push things through fast if you need them to.

Now the only thing that stands in my way is getting my cat situated and ready for the trip and to pack up my house.  Packing up my house is my biggest stress right now.  I have a  week to do it in.  Then after that, its three weeks of relaxing and meeting up with as many people as possible and really just enjoying the Latvian summer.

God do I love summer in Latvia!

To those of you who I did get a chance to meet it was great to see you and to those that I didn't get to meet up with, no worries, I will be back for Christmas (which by the way is only 5 months away . .  better start shopping!).

Here are a few pictures of my summer here in the states (not in any specific order):

 Scout museum in MI.
 DC


 My God Son in deep thought.
 Around our back yard.
 The new dining hall at camp.
 My cousin all ready to pick up his dinner date.