Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back on the other side of the puddle

Being back in the states is always nice.  It had been a long time since I had flown with Uzbekistan Air but it all worked out nice.  I got bumped to business class and was actually able to catch a few zzzz's during the flight.  They didn't help much because I started to crash around 7:00 anyway.

My first two days here I have spent with my godson and cousin.  Two amazing kids.  My godson was practically my shadow for these two days by going everywhere and doing everything that I did.  Gosh I missing being around him.

To be in the states for 4 weeks seems like a lot.  I really so far only have one weekend planned out and a few days here and there too.  The only thing this vacation will really be is expensive and stressful.  Within these 4 weeks I need to take care of all of my Kuwait papers and I am getting super stressed about it and worried that things won't get done on time.  Tomorrow I am off to the doctors for the biggest expense this summer.  The amount of shots and tests that I need to have done is going to be a huge pain for my bank account.  Not having insurance here in the states is what makes it all the more painful.  I will need to beg my Dr. to try and get her to help me some how.  I am not a beggar so its going to be hard.

The part that I am most stressed about right now is the finger printing and making sure it all gets processed fast. I have read that for some people it is going to take 14 business days and I just don't have that kind of time.

I never thought that moving to Kuwait would be so stressful!  But lo and behold I am really really really excited about the move.