Friday, March 30, 2012

Interactive white Boards . . . boards of the future

So way back in December everyone at school was offered the chance to send in a request to have an interactive white board in their class.  There were given qualities that you would have to meet and it had to be in written format.  So I wrote  a request, not sure if I would be chosen seeing that it is my first year here.  At the time I had just finished writing my request and had just e mailed it home so that I could read it later and also to my mom so that she could help me fix up my writing (28 years old and still having my mom proof my writing . . AWESOME!) when in walks my principal and asks if I had thought about applying.  This already put the hope in my mind.

Well upon arrival back I got news that I was chosen to have the board.  In February it finally arrived.  Combined with my excitement for it and my kids excitement about it we just couldn't contain ourselves that day.  Since then we have been learning together about how to use it and really putting it to great use.

It has also seriously upped my teaching.  I have noticed that I spend way more time planning and to be honest I really think about how I present it to the class.  The kids have loved every moment of it and every lesson is exciting because they want to get up and use it too.  It has been such an amazing addition to the class and so much fun to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment